Churches in Basildon
All Saints Church in London Road, Vange is believed to be the oldest surviving church in Basildon. Parts of St. Nicholas
at Church Hill in Laindon date from the 13th century.
At Pitsea, only the tower remains of St. Michael's Church which had been
rebuilt in 1871 but fell into a ruinous condition and was dismantled for the safety of the area in 1998.
became a new town in 1949 many new churches appeared including St. Basil's at Luncies Road and St. Andrew's in the Fremnels.