blank.gifUnion Jack Flagblank.gifSt. George Cross flag blank.gifThe emblem for the county of Essex History Forum | Site Map   
Basildon History Online Share/Bookmark
blank.gif
    You are here: Forum Archive

blank.gif
Forum Archive
blank.gif
2004 Forum Threads

All forum threads posted between 2002 and 2013 have now been removed from the original forum (message board) and archived under their original entry title.

It is not possible to post a direct response to these entries but you can use the contact page to post a message, which can then be added to an archived entry.

You can of course begin a new thread at any time by posting to the current forum.

View or post to the current forum

2004 entries
Please be aware contact e-mail addresses of some entries may no longer be valid.

01) Laindon Park Primary School
02) New Towns
03) Astor Nurseries
04) Help me find
05) Lancies or Hancies cottage, Pitsea
06) Laindon History - Five Links Estate
blank.gif
1.  Laindon Park Primary School
Posted by Caroline Brand Email User on 26/2/2004, 6:19 pm
Can anyone who went to Laindon Park Primary school remember the names of any of the past headteachers from about 1900 to 1985?

2.  New Towns
Posted by Sharon Chapman Email User on 14/6/2004, 3:58 pm
Hi,
I am a local primary school teacher and we are studying Essex in the last century. I thought the old street maps of Basildon that are on this website are great and would be very useful. Does anyone know where I can get hold of a copy?
Also if anyone has any other good resources I could use please let me know. You can contact me at Briscoe Primary School (Basildon) or e.mail me.
With thanks Sharon

3.  Astor Nurseries
Posted by Mick Brand Email User on 28/8/2004, 6:35 pm
I used to live in Wendene, which was close to Astor Nurseries. Can anyone tell me what the nursery was previously? I believe it was a military camp or depot of some sort. This site has certainly brought back some memories. Would welcome contact from anyone that knew me then. mickbrand@hotmail.com

4.  Help me find
Posted by Sharon Bixby Email User on 22/11/2004, 9:35 pm
ello all i am looking for old school mates i went to school in basildon lee chapel south jnr and woodlands 2ndry school in basildon I was there in the 70s.
some one must remember me i was the fat ugly one that always had a smile for every one

5.  Lancies or Hancies cottage, Pitsea
Posted by Lyn Email User on 1/12/2004, 11:46 pm
I am looking for Lancies or Hancies cottage Pitsea I am unable to find it anywhere and I know that my grandad lived there before joining the Navy. Can you help?

6.  Laindon History - Five Links Estate
Posted by Glen Email User on 3/12/2004, 2:46 pm
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows a little about the building and development of Laindon Five Links estate. I need to know the architect for the designs of the streets and a little history of the beginings of the area. Thanks. Glen...

blank.gif
Page added: 2011
blank.gif
blank.gif
Back a Page Basildon History Forum Basildon History Forum Archive Top of Page Homepage Next Page
© Basildon History Online Website - WWW.BASILDON.COM